The other two Sally Rooneys

In addition to Sally Rooney's 'Normal People', I have now read her first novel 'Conversations with Friends' and I am mid-way through her third, 'Beautiful World Where are you?' I have enjoyed and am still enjoying all three.

She is called a leading millenial author. Insecurity, doubts and submissive thoughts are unmistakable characteristics of a millenials mind, so it seems.

This confirms my own impressions of  some of the real-life millenials I know (and love.) For whatever thay have mentally gained compared to my generation, simplicity is not one of those things. When I was young you were either going out with someone or not, and going out meant certain things. These days, the shades of black or white are endless - shades of grey.

If grey is happiness, fine.



Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

My return as Vanna Vechian

The origin of one of my fetishes

'Normal People' by Sally Rooney - a masochist protagonist